Sunday 9 September 2007

Fifi's First LO and Fish


This picture is a LO that Fifi did of her and Bobs when they were little. It reminded me of today because of the Eiffel Tower stamp she used. It's there for no good reason apart from the fact that she is fascinated with Paris. Anyway on to today, well yesterday to begin with.

Yesterday Fifi and Bobs' Nain (grandmother) gave Bobs a goldfish, which he's named Oscar. Well of course this didn't go down too well with Fifi who wanted a goldfish of her own.

To show what a good goldfish owner she would be, she went and got her garden fairy statue and put it in the tank for decoration. After this went in a few stones and some rose petals! I was unaware of all this as Mr. Stig had 'forgotten' to tell me we had said fish. Anyway, Mr. Stig luckily managed to remove the rose petals before the fish ate any and it survived Fifi's attempts to 'make it more comfy'.

Today then, found us at the pet shop buying another goldfish, filter, water treatment tablets and food. Then followed a tense journey home with Fifi, sat in the back of the car with the fish in a bag daring not to move. The children were so excited to introduce Celine (said in a French accent- remember, she loves Paris) to Oscar. Thankfully, they have made friends, though I worry about their future as I heard Bobs tell Fifi that he was going to practice fishing with them! When I told him that I didn't think this was a good idea, he told me he'd put them straight back after catching them. After graphic details of fish hooks through the side of mouths, I think I've deterred him- lets hope so!

No comments: