Friday 28 September 2007

Stig Logic


Firstly, I'm happy to report that Bobs is on the mend. No sickness or anything else (if you know what I mean) since yesterday. He's started to eat small bits of food and drinking, though he is insisting that water tastes 'sour' unless it's refridgerated. He's lost a lot of weight, and he didn't have much to spare, but hopefully he'll start putting it back on soon.

Now on to the strange workings of my brain (yes, it works, but in mysterious ways!). I used to subscribe to a monthly scrapbooking kit. It was always lovely and very exciting to receive it every month from the postie. After a while though I started to feel a bit guilty about the amount of money going on stash, so I stopped the kit and persuaded myself that I could get my own stuff and be a bit more prudent (oh who was I kidding). Of course I kept looking at the kit, just to see what it was like and this months, after days of trying to tell myself it wasn't, was lush. Never mind, I thought I'll just get some of the papers, which I did and here they are in the picture. Just my sort of thing, and I threw in a few Halloween extras for good measure. Job done- I was sorted- wasn't I? No, no, no. The papers were so much nicer in real life that I just had to have the kit! Now, when the shopping bug takes hold of me, it takes hold in a very bad way. I typed in the web address of the site and......NO..... the site was down. Panic took hold, exhaserbated by my worry for Bobs and the up coming exams, I was nearly beside myself. Why had I thought it would be so easy to quit my kit habit? Hours went by (OK half an hour) until finally the site was up again. Yes there were some kits left- I was happy again!

But what about the guilt about all the money spent on kits? Well as my lovely friend Percy says, we don't drink (well I do) or smoke, so it's OK. Anyway, as I keep telling Mr. Stig, if we hadn't moved to this house, of his choosing, I would still be working. It's the price you pay for being married to me Mr. Stig :-) and I know you just love it!
(The papers, stickers and chipboard letters are from Daisy D's Autumn range.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have no other vices Stig plus we are recording precious memories